Stash Busting with Two Bow Back Tops

IMG_7519

For my first RTW Fast sewing project I’m starting off with these two adorable stretch knit tops for my granddaughters. I used my serger for all of the seams and to finish the edges before turning them under. I used the stretch stitch on my Pfaff to top stitch around the neck, sleeve and bottom edges. For the detail in the back, I did a little hand-stitching to keep the knot-like piece centered.

IMG_7513

Again, as I did for my own sparkly top, I used Lekala Sewing Pattern Company to input the measurements of the girls and then printed the patterns out and taped them together. I always opt for the seam-allowence which is smaller than 5/8 in, because it works great for the serger and saves on fabric. You can get the pattern without seam-allowence, if you prefer to add your own. Despite the somewhat confusing directions because of the translation from Russian, it’s a great little pattern, that’s pretty easy to figure out, even if you are a novice sewer.

IMG_7517

This pattern company is worth a visit, especially if you don’t always fit into the big 4 company patterns. Just plug in your measurements, and print out a pattern! The price is right too, between free and three dollars. You can’t beat that!

IMG_7515

About these ads
This entry was posted in Family, Sewing, Upcycle and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Stash Busting with Two Bow Back Tops

1. You have a couple of very lucky granddaughters! Cute shirts!!!

2. Laurie says:

I saw the bow back pictures and thought they were so great looking I wanted the pattern! Alas it is for little ones! Super cute. They ARE lucky little girls!

3. cathynd95 says:

These are gorgeous! I will definitely have to check out the pattern maker!

4. EmSewCrazy says:

These are so super cute! Lovely job.

5. emmajade says:

These are fantastic!!! Love them!!

6. Virginia says:

Very cute! I especially like the purple one. :-)

7. prttynpnk says:

Ive been circling this pattern like a shark- yours look so bright and fun- must go play in textile hoarding closet immediately!

8. The tops look great, I’ve seen the Lekala patterns before and loved the idea of them but wasn’t sure how well they would work so it’s good to hear such a good review of them. May have to go and have another look. Hope your granddaughters like their new tops

9. Gjeometry says:

I love these tops, I want one for me! I have heard good things of this pattern company and think I may download something to size for myself.