Thank You Mood!

I got to visit Mood!

There are two Mood stores in the U.S., one is in New York and the other is in Los Angeles.
image

On our road trip to San Diego, my very sweet hubbie asked me if I wanted to stop by the store and check it out. It was amazing! Walking through the door, an iconic live doggie sat in a leather chair watching the action. I must say it was a little overwelming, but exciting.
image

Fabrics are stacked on rolls from floor to ceiling and organized by type. It was fun to feel and see so many fabrics. There were probably a dozen helpers who are there to pull any roll you want from the vast sea of material. I found myself gazing mostly at eye level out of habit and then mesmerized as I gazed up and down at the the variety of colors and patterns.
image

The prices are inconveniently tucked tightly within the roll, as if of little importance. By habit, I’m a bargain and sale shopper, so I found this a little off-putting. I did purchase three pieces at prices that are a little higher than I usually spring for at Beverly’s or Jo-Ann’s, but it was well worth it.
image

image

image

I’ll cherish the experience and most importantly that it was my hubbie’s idea.
image

Thank you, Mood! And thank you, Alex.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Family, Sewing, Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Thank You Mood!

1. Oh, what a lucky girl you are! I would love to go to Mood someday. I noticed you didn’t share what you purchased. Is it going to be a surprise post? I can’t wait to see what you make with it.

2. zibergirl says:

Yes, I’m still on vacation, but when I get home, I’ll post the fabric. Thanks for commenting!

3. offsquare says:

Oh wow, it looks like paradise!! Keen to see your purchases too :)

4. laurahoj says:

How fun! I’m headed to Mood LA later this month, and this just makes me so much more excited! Can’t wait to see what fabric you picked.

5. Virginia says:

So sweet of him to suggest a visit! Can’t wait to see what you bought and what you do with it. :-)

6. What fun! I’d love to visit the LA store one day :) Can’t wait to see your fabric!

7. EmSewCrazy says:

Aww, sounds special from beginning to end!

8. prttynpnk says:

I just got my first order fropm Mood yesterday- I was giggling like a fiend- can’t imagine how squealy I’d be in the store!

9. Anny says:

Oh, my, you know how I love MOOD!! You lucky lucky girl!! Can’t wait to see your treasures!